Effective July 1, 2014
Themis Solutions, Inc. (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, that you provide to us, or that is provided to us by a subscriber to our services (under the brand name ‘Clio’), will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.goclio.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information We may Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.goclio.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in any discussion boards, forums or other social media functions on our site or enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph. We also store the Content that your upload or provide to the Service in order to provide you with the features and functionality of the Service.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site, including when using mobile devices, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device information;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from individuals or corporate entities which are subscribers to our service (‘Subscribers’) where you are to be designated a user of our service. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them, subject to your agreements with them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences. These cookies are persistent cookies.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and any advertising relating to it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs). We, or our third party advertising partner, may employ a software technology called clear gifs (also described as Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the full stop at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails recipients have opened. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or between a Subscriber and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you or a Subscriber request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please do not tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between a Subscriber and us;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you, Subscribers and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which includes our subsidiaries.
- Business partners, vendors, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you or a corporate entity which is a subscriber.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
- Aggregated demographic information from our user base without personally identifiable data.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Themis Solutions, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of service (clio.com/tos) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Themis Solutions, Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
On our App website (app.goclio.com) which is for Subscribers to our service and their users only, we offer a referral service. You can choose to provide us with the names and email addresses of individuals who you feel would be interested in learning more about our products and services in exchange for rewards. We send a preliminary email to each address provided to us in this way, inviting the contact to visit our website. We continue to store the contact details in order to track the success of our referral service, but no further communication with that individual will take place unless they contact us expressing interest in our products and services. The preliminary email allows the individual to request that their contact details be removed from our database and they may also contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org to make the same request.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers in a controlled environment with limited access. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
While no transmission of information via the internet is completely secure, we take reasonable measures to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Blogs and Social Media
Our website includes publicly accessible blogs or community forums. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. This includes information posted on our public social media accounts.
With consent, we may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site, along with other endorsements.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Service is not directed at individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.