Introducing the Clio Academic Access Program (CAAP)
By offering our service for free, we strive to help students bridge the gap between academic and practical legal training, introduce a broader audience to cloud-based legal technology, and promote accessibility to pro-bono legal services.
What Environments does CAAP Apply to?
In general, we are always open to facilitating new and unique ways in which Clio can be used in academic environments, both in Law Schools, Paralegal programs, and other forms of professional legal training. To date, our most popular use cases include:
- Inclusion in courses on legal technology and/or practice management;
- Use as a practice management system for University-operated Legal Clinics and practice incubators;
- General student access through the Law Library;
- Free accounts for individual students while they remain enrolled in their program.
The Rollout Process
Depending on the type of academic environment and use case each CAAP account falls under, deployments can vary. In support of each CAAP rollout, we are pleased to offer an array of additional support and services, also at no cost:
- Data migration from an existing case management system;
- Customized live presentations and training webinars for faculty, staff, and students;
- Ongoing access to Clio’s support site and live assistance;
- On-demand academic resources, such as Clio assignments and other deliverables.
A Risk-Free Proposition
One of our primary goals at Clio is to make the adoption of our service as risk-free a proposition as possible for all users, including those who join our Academic Access Program. There are no contracts, costs, or strings associated with signing up. We teach all of our educational users how to perform and any-time export of their data, and also offer our unique data escrow option. CAAP users are free to join, use Clio, and leave at their discretion and convenience.
Get Started Today
Ready to join the Clio Academic Access Program? Get started now by filling out our application form, and we will be in touch with you shortly.