November 29th, 2012 by Caroline Montano
From time to time it can be useful to create a report of Calendar events, or a subset of Calendar events, such as “Review Dates” after a Matter is closed. To create such a report, do the following:
- Create the Event. (https://support.goclio.com/
entries/20042183-how-do-i-). create-a-new-calendar- appointment
Enter the summary title as a title that describes the event as it would apply for other Matters as well. For example, “Review Date for Closed Matter” would work well. An example of a summary which would not yield consistent results would be “Review Johnson Matter” because it is specific to a Matter. In the report, it will specify the Matter Number in the Summary column.**Please note that the terminology needs to be consistent throughout all of the matching Calendar events in order for them to populate in the search results. Also, the person searching for these results needs to be marked as an Attendee in all applicable events.
- Create additional Events which match the first in the Summary Field.
In the example described in Step 1a, you will want to label your additional events as “Review Date for Closed Matter” as well for the other Matters you would like to pull from the search.
- Search for the Summary title in the Global Search Bar.(https://support.goclio.com/
Using the above example, you would search for the terms “review date”
- Click on the “Export To File” button underneath the Calendar Search Results. (https://support.goclio.com/
entries/21090736-exporting-) tasks-and-time-entries-to-pdf- or-csv
- Select “All” for a complete list of all applicable Calendar Events.
- Choose either “PDF” or “CSV” as an Output format.
- Click on “Download.”
You’ll have a full report of the search results you had showing on your screen. You can also print the report, or download a CSV for further review and analysis in Microsoft Excel.
Got a tip to share? Let us know. We’d love to hear them!