October 3rd, 2012 by Gwynne Monahan
Clio CEO and co-founder Jack Newton is speaking at two events this week: CIX Meetup Vancouver, and the Globe and Mail Small Business Summit.
CIX Meetup Vancouver
The CIX Meetup Vancouver has partnered with Ernst & Young and Microsoft Bizspark for an exclusive panel discussion on the future of funding innovation as well as what it means for entrepreneurs, technology companies, investors and the innovation ecosystem. He joins Rick Nathan, Managing Director at Kensington Capital Partners Limited, Moe Kermani, Partnerr atVanedge Capital and Ryan Storsgaard, Director of Technical Evangelism at Microsoft Canada to discuss the following
- What is the prevalent mindset around valuation and how should companies position themselves for success?
- How do future trends in funding innovation impact you and your business?
- How detailed must you be regarding exit plans, including the identification of acquirers, valuation and returns parameters?
- What are the prevalent term sheet trends and what impact do they have on the enterprise and on outcomes for various stakeholders?
You can still register for the event. It takes place tonight from 5-8pm (EDT) at Morris Wosk Hall,580 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC.
Globe & Mail Small Business Summit
Tomorrow, October 4, he is part of a 3-person panel on Growth Financing during the Globe & Mail Small Business Summit. He joins Christine Bergeron Investment Manager at Vancity Capital, and David Levi CEO/Director at GrowthWorks to talk about the following:
- How to know you’re ready for a round of funding to take your company to the next level?
- Where to source that financing What you need to do to secure it.
The panel is from 10:45-11:30am tomorrow in Ballroom 1/2 at the Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel.