October 1st, 2009 by The Clio Team
Clio Releases Full Outlook Synchronization, Enhanced Reporting, and QuickBooks Integration to Celebrate First Anniversary
One year ago today we launched Clio with the goal of providing the best practice management experience on the web. An ambitious goal, yes, but one we’re tirelessly committed to realizing. In our first year we’ve brought on hundreds of firms, ranging from solos to 10+ person firms, who are collectively managing over 150,000 contacts, 20,000 matters, and 25,000 documents on Clio. Our growth has exceeded even our wildest expectations, and we’ve been inspired by all the great people we’ve met that have chosen to run their practices online with Clio.
We’ve also been humbled by a host of accolades from the media, including being picked as one of the “Top Ten Tech Stars” by Bob Ambrogi at LegalTech New York and selected as “Best in Show” by Mazyar Hedeyat at the ABA TechShow. Most importantly, we’ve connected with our customers – a newly launched Clio Buzz page provides a sampling of the kind feedback we receive from users every day.
We’re celebrating our first anniversary by releasing a bevy of new features to our loyal customer base. New feature’s we’re releasing today include two-way Outlook synchronization of Outlook contacts, tasks and calendar items, several new reporting options, and integration with Intuit’s QuickBooks. Since our initial release one year ago, we’ve incorporated dozens of improvements based on customer feedback, as well as major new features such as Clio Connect, an extranet for clients to access legal documents and pay bills online; Clio Express, a desktop and offline-capable time tracking application; and a Trust Accounting module.
We’re also celebrating by giving our blog readers a special discount code to receive $25 off their first paid month as a new Clio subscriber – click here to sign up and use discount code “HAPPYBIRTHDAY“.
Highlights of Clio First Anniversary Edition
- Outlook Synchronization: Two-way synchronization of Outlook contacts, calendar items and tasks – items entered or updated in Outlook will appear in Clio and vice versa.
- New and Improved Reports:
- Client Ledger– detailed financial record of all current and past activity associated with a particular client
- Productivity by Lawyer – overview of billable work and recovery rate of each attorney associated with an account
- Work in Progress (WIP) – detailed listing of client work in progress
- Accounts Receivable (A/R) – status of all outstanding receivables listed by client/matter
- Additional Reports: Billing History by Client, Client Summary, Trust Ledger, Trust Listing, Productivity by Client, Matters Opened
- QuickBooks Integration
Clio Makes a Splash in its First Year
In its first year, Clio made a great impression at some of the major legal technology conferences. At LegalTech New York 2009, the largest legal technology conference in the world, Bob Ambrogi hand-picked Clio as one of the Top Ten Tech Stars of the show. Watch the video.
Clio then had an excellent showing at the ABA TECHSHOW in March 2009. Mazyar Hedayat, an Illinois attorney (and Technolawyer correspondent), ranked Clio #1 on his TechnoLawyer “Best in Show” list , having chosen Clio as his favorite product at the show.
Themis, the company behind Clio, has also been successful at helping to address the needs of a frequently overlooked segment of the market – solos and small law firms.
- Clio’s First Annual Customer Satisfaction Survey indicated that 100% of lawyers using Clio would recommend the product to other lawyers!
- Clio has formed an Advisory Board which includes luminaries such as Jay Foonberg, author of How to Start and Build a Law Practice, which has been the ABA’s best-selling book for 30+ years.
- Clio’s Advisory Board also includes Christoph Janz, a successful entrepreneur with 12 years of experience in the software and Internet businesses, and David Edmonds, who has 20+ years’ experience introducing and commercializing cutting-edge technology products and services.
- Mr. Foonberg and Themis President Jack Newton are teaching a CLE Ethics course at Bar Associations across the country (detailed brochure here).
- Clio will be officially launching a Partner Program in the near future.
In our first year we’ve made great strides to enhance and refine Clio’s feature set, while still ensuring it remains easy-to-use and accessible to all lawyers. This has been a terrific year and we see an exciting road ahead. All success aside, we will keep our focus where it has always been: to provide an excellent product and superior customer support experience to our subscribers.
Specifications and Pricing
Clio is operating system-independent and can run on PC, Macintosh and Linux computers. It supports Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Safari and Google Chrome.
Clio is affordably priced by monthly subscription. Pricing is $49/month for lawyers and $25/month per support staff member. This cost includes all technical support, maintenance and upgrades.
Secure and easy-to-use, Clio provides case/matter management, time tracking, billing/reporting, client contact and document management, task scheduling, trust accounting, and performance metrics for independent lawyers to benchmark their business goals. Clio also provides a customized client extranet, Clio Connect, an extranet for clients to access legal documents and pay bills online.
About Themis Solutions
Themis Solutions Inc. is based in Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada. Its flagship product, Clio, is the leading web-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) practice management system for solo and small firm attorneys. The company was co-founded by Jack Newton and Rian Gauvreau. Visit www.goclio.com or call 1-888-858-CLIO.