THEMIS RELEASES WEB-BASED CLIO — SECURE SOFTWARE-AS-A-SERVICE (SAAS) FOR SOLOS/SMALL FIRMS USING PCS, MACS, AND IPHONES
By Themis Solutions Inc.
September 29, 2008 — Vancouver, BC — On October 1st, Themis Solutions Inc. will announce the general availability of Clio, a comprehensive web-based practice management Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering for lawyers. Clio is specifically designed for solo practitioners and small law firms using PCs and Macs; it can be accessed from any Internet connection and from iPhones.
Clio will be demonstrated at the ABA General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Division’s Fall Meeting on October 2-4, 2008 in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Secure and easy-to-use, Clio provides case/matter management, time tracking, billing/reporting, client contact and document management, task scheduling, trust accounting, and performance metrics for independent lawyers to benchmark their business goals.
• Matter/Case Management: Effectively organize and manage all case, matter and client information through Clio’s intuitive, user-friendly online interface.
• Time Tracking: Clio tracks time by client, matter, and task, allowing lawyers to reduce lost time and eliminate paper or Excel timesheets.
• Billing and Reporting: Clio generates customized invoices and outstanding bill reminders. Lawyers can create useful reports to help with accounting.
• Document Management: Securely access documents online and save unlimited document versions.
• Trust Accounting: Many compliance issues result from poor tracking of trust accounts. Clio solves this problem. Maintain accurate trust and bank transaction records to ensure that funds are appropriately tracked.
• Client/Contact Management: Clio’s contact management system stores information on clients, matters and billings.
• Task Scheduling: With Clio’s complete calendaring and reminder system, appointments are easily clicked, dragged and viewed by day, week, or month. Data can be imported and exported from Google, Outlook or iCal calendars into Clio.
• Practice Performance Metrics: Track current, expected, and target billing figures daily, weekly, monthly, or annually.
When considering web-based solutions like Clio, lawyers are understandably concerned about ensuring the security of their client data. Therefore, Clio’s developers have focused their attention on security to address these concerns, making Clio a secure and reliable solution.
• External Security and Data Backup: Clio uses password protection with bank-grade 256-bit SSL encryption. Data is backed up daily to a secure, offsite data center, and daily third-party audits are performed to ensure data security.
• Internal Security: Clio can restrict access to confidential files or client records by individual or by group via rights-managed security.
• Client Data Ownership Guarantee: Clio firmly believes lawyers should be able to retrieve their data from Clio easily and conveniently. Users of Clio can easily export from Clio at any time.
SPECIFICATIONS AND PRICING
Clio is operating system independent and can run on PC, Macintosh and Linux computers. It supports Internet Explorer 6.0 and 7.0, Mozilla Firefox 2.0 and 3.0, Safari 3.0 and Google Chrome.
Clio is affordably priced by monthly subscription. Pricing is $49/month for lawyers and $25/month per support staff member. This cost includes all technical support, maintenance and upgrades.
ABOUT THEMIS SOLUTIONS
Themis Solutions Inc. is based in Vancouver, British Columbia. With cooperation from the Law Society of British Columbia, the company has developed its flagship product Clio which is a web-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) practice management system for solo and small firm attorneys. Visit www.goclio.com or call 1-888-858-CLIO.