#ClioTraining Tip: Accurate Reporting
Posted by Zachary Pope on January 31, 2013
Clio is designed to help quickly and accurately report on all aspects of firm performance.
To help ensure reports are correctly scoped and avoid irregular or inaccurate totals, you’ll want to make sure each of your entries are correctly associated with a Clio Matter.
To find Time Entries or Expenses with no Matter associated, do the following:
- Click on the Activities tab in Clio.
- Select either Time Entries or Expense Entries.
- Scroll down and click on the gray More button.
- Un-check the checkbox beside Dates, to un-restrict the date range.
- Change the User to All Users.
- Click on the Reference header on the table below to sort all the entries by what Matter with which they are associated.
- If you see no entries where the Reference is blank, click the header again to sort the other direction.
Now you will either see what entries you have entered into Clio that were not associated with a Matter, or see that everything is entered correctly! You can now edit these entries to associate them with the correct Matters, but some users choose to just delete them and clean things up.
If you need more tips on how to use Clio, signup for one of our free training webinars! Webinars are held every Tuesday and Thursday and users can ask questions at the end on the specialized topic or their own use.